Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Heart Breaks for People

Today I met a person that had an apartment with three small rooms, hardly anything in it, just the necessities. When visiting with this person they told me that they didn't have money for gas let alone money for cleaning supplies. My heart broke because I was there to help and to assess the situation to have someone come in and clean for them. My heart broke for the very reason that more than likely they didn't have money for food as well.

I work at a senior care agency. My job is to meet clients and assess needs for them. Many times I come back to the office and tears come to my eyes talking about the life situations seniors are in. Today, I wanted to be able to make an impact on this person's life by helping in a way that I couldn't because we can't provide cleaning supplies or a new vacuum; resources are limited.

It is not right that seniors have to live in the situations they do. They are the marginalize; can be forgotten and justice should be brought to those in need.

Reflections:
Simplify my life by going through things I don't use and donate them. Continue to pray for the people I come in contact with everyday. Don't overlook the marginalized they need to be loved just as God loves us. Maybe someday start a fund for seniors to provide essential needs for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment