Monday, March 28, 2011

Biking for a Cause

Today I biked to work not only to save on gas money but also to prepare for a bike ride I am doing this summer with a group of others. It is called Pedal for a Purpose. We are raising money to provide jobs in Jackson, MS. The money will go towards starting a business for installing solar panels.

When I first heard about the ride I was excited because it was impacting a community. When I heard where it made the purpose so much more than just a bike ride from Orange City, IA to Jackson, MS in the middle of the summer. Fact is I love Jackson, MS and the people there a few years ago back in college I went there twice once as a team member and the next year as a team leader on a service project. What better way to impact a community outside of college.

So back to riding my bike. I love it! It is time spend outside, in creation and makes you slow down and enjoy it for once.

Check out my fundraising page and feel free to support me.

http://www.ministrysync.com/event/website/?m=586283

No comments:

Post a Comment